Monday, December 9, 2013

One of the bast ways to spend the holidays!

About two months prior to Thanksgiving my husband and I decided to hop on to a vacation with my sister and her family. They had been planning to go to Disney World for Thanksgiving for almost a year and when it ended up just them going and my class schedule seemed to work out perfectly, we decided to spend Thanksgiving with them!

My sister decided to not tell her kids, so that it would be a complete surprise and on Wednesday we arrived just in time for our lunch reservation at Le Cellier in Epcot. Tye and I were walking up to the restaurant on the lookout for the kids and luckily we saw them first! I rushed over and grabbed Bug and freaked her out until she realized who I was! It was so great getting to see them! And they were probably a little too excited for some of the other people in the restaurant, but it is Disney... Oh and the food there was the best I had for the entire trip!


We did all four parks including Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving, which we thought was going to be horrible! But with extra magic hours, fast passes, and some patients we got to ride just about everything we wanted to!

And the best part? My anti-Disney husband actually had a good time! For the two months leading up to the trip I had to keep my excitement in check, because he was sure that he was going to loath and despise every moment in the parks, but he didn't (I figured this would be the case). Now, he did wish that there were more exciting rides (he'd probably like Universal a lot better, and we'll likely go there at some point in the not too distant future), but he did suck it up and ride Winnie the Pooh for Bug and Little Man. The only thing he didn't ride that the rest of us did was It's a Small World, because honestly most adults can only handle so much of that ride and there was no reason to start Magic Kingdom off on a sour note!

My tip for very busy park days: prioritize and limit expectations! We expected wall-to-wall people and ridiculously long lines everywhere, but in the end we tried to hit as many rides as possible during extra magic hours (totally worth staying on grounds for during really busy days) and then prioritized our fast passes. And having kids that can't ride certain rides is kind of a plus, because with rider swap cards my niece was able to ride space mountain 4 times that day with the longest wait being 20 minutes, and she was pretty excited about that.


The only downside to the trip is that I hurt my achilles tendon at some point during the day at Magic Kingdom. On Friday my ankle hurt so bad that I was limping around Animal Kingdom, but the pain eventually subsided and I thought that it was better. But when I woke up on Saturday I realized that this was so not the case when I could hardly bend my foot enough to stand flat on it, which made for a lovely day at Hollywood Studios and an even better ride home (I couldn't even drive my part of the way home because my foot started shaking when I tried to engage the clutch...) But we rode all of the best rides and spent time with my family before they had to head out to catch their plane back to the other side of the country.


We had so much fun, but it would have been even better without injuries that I'm still not quite fully recovered from.

No comments:

Post a Comment